Thursday, November 01, 2007


Ooooh, this picture is essentially a 'snapshot' of what is sitting in a pretty green shopping bag next to my chair right now. :) I went to a store, hidden in an old brick house in the Glebe today (called knit-knackers for anyone who cares), and bought my first real 'skein' of wool... (Up to this point, I've been making scarves for myself using mostly acryllic wool from Walmart, he he). I'm planning to make a good friend of mine a really pretty, really soft scarf, but we'll see how it goes, I'm a little nervous that I won't make it look the way I want it to (I'm a beginner, after all!)... I've been taking it out and holding it every now and then because I'm neurotic and I like the way it feels so soft and squishy. It's "Kettle Dyed Pure Merino Wool" from Uruguay... Fun! :)

No comments: