Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Okay, here's a silly dissertation on something that bothers me (I'm giving into my retarded, petty side). I was thinking today that I'd like to go see the Golden Compass (and not just because Daniel Craig is in it!! He really only appeals when he's a pouty, devilish, weapon weilding Bond with gigantic muscles - day to day Daniel just isn't worth talking about... ;) ) But something I noticed today, is why I don't think Nicole Kidman is pretty. You hear it all the time, how she's gorgeous, but I find often when I see her in movies, or just pictures of her, there's something WRONG... I know what it is - I have CRACKED the Not-Pretty-Nicole mystery! It's her HAIR!! (Okay, and her choice of dress colours)...
I noticed that, at the premiere for the Golden Compass, she was there with her hair pulled off her forehead, wearing a cream-coloured gown. She looked, for all intensive purposes, like she was dead, and washing herself out with pale colours (that only serve to accentuate her ivory white skin), further accentuates the fact that her eyebrows are RED, while her hair is platinum. Furthermore, the fact that she tends to have her hair pulled back in a severe pony tail, or swept backwards off her face totally accentuates her rather wide forehead. I don't know why it bugs me, but it does. Don't get me wrong, I'm no beauty (which is why I don't get to stroll down red carpets in x-thousand dollar gowns, but I AM bored, so here, I grabbed some pictures to prove it (because I'm totally wasting time at the moment)..
Image 1: Nicole with yet another pale dress, pale hair, and looking totally washed out...





Image 2: Nicole with red hair - what a difference! Eureka! She looks VIBRANT!








Image 3: Nicole with her bangs pulled severely off her forehead...







Image 4: Ahhh, sweet, feminine bangs, totally softens her sharp features...
Okay, I'm done!! ;) But if I were her, I'd get ahold of my stylist and, well, fire them. ;)

2 comments:

Jenelle said...

haha Shelley, at least you have the pictures to prove your point. It is funny I have had quite alot of people say I resemble her. I think it is the long face thing. Anyhow, have a Merry Christmas and enjoy stuffing yourself!!!

Shelley said...

For the record, I always thought you had more of a Liv Tyler sort of look. :) And, in my opinion, she's prettier than Nicole.. ;)