Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Montreal

After four years together, and many not-so-subtle hints dropped, Luc finally brought me to see Montreal. It was beautiful, so many old buildings, cobblestone streets, narrow passages, and ornate architecture, offset by the 'haute couture' of Montreal. Very neat. Luc booked us a room in a beautiful hotel, called the 19th Century (or XIXe siècle)

http://www.hotelxixsiecle.com/ .

It was pouring rain when we ventured out for our walk. The benefit of that is that the colours came through so much better on the camera. And after finding a couple of umbrellas in this little shop, we were all set.


A picture of a smoked meat sign for my Mom. She had told me I *must* try real Montreal smoked meat. Unfortunately, due to my untimely bout of killer food-poisoning, I had to live with the picture and hope that next time I can try it!




Restaurant du Vieux Port, which was located, yep, you guessed it, right near the old port, was very nice. We ate dinner there Friday night. I had Santa Fé chicken. I told Luc it was my absolute favorite dish. Now I can't even think about it without gagging. :)


I think this was someone's residence... Lucky.

No comments: