Monday, January 01, 2007

2007


Well, we rang in the new year last night with some 15 or so people in our house. It was a nice gathering, lots of new faces, free-flowing booze and piles of food. The shooter chess game was a definite hit too. :)

So this year is starting off a little 'strange', I guess. I went for a walk today and it was beautiful out, the sun was shining, everything was melting, it felt like a warm spring day, you'd never guess it's Jan. 1. My poor day-lillies are again starting to send up shoots along the foundation of our house. They'll be in for a rude awakening when they realize they have about four more months to be 'frozen' before they should be trying to grow.

I took down our tree today too, which always makes me a little sad. I comprimised by allowing myself some 'winter' decorations like my winter wreath, the lights outside, and a few candles and ornaments here and there on shelves, to stay until the spring time. We had a really nice, quiet, family-oriented Christmas (I even went to church with Mom and Becky which was quite nice), and a good New Year party with new and old friends alike. It was an interesting mix of French and English as well, but at least I got to practice some of my French as there were a couple people here who didn't speak a word of English. Anyway, I'm hoping the nice end to 2006 signifies that 2007 will be a good year.

Well, as it is my intention to NOT make this into a 'journal', I think I'll quit before I launch into some long-winded story about nothing and say 'Happy New Year to all', I hope we all find good fortune and love and friendship in life this year. :)

S

No comments: