Tuesday, February 20, 2007



Well, I am in a very good mood today. I just got back from Zellers (see my garden blog to hear all about the neat stuff they have for the garden!). I am getting sooo excited for winter to be over! Becky and I discussed our plans to go rollerblading three times a week along the canal this time. At least now that I have a car, I can make sure we do it, because my only argument against it last year was that I had to take the bus with my rollerblades there and back, which added over an hour of travelling time to my already short evenings.

I also went online and found a TON of things to do on weekends in the summer, from giant community garage sales, to gardening shows, to Tulip Festival and the Festival of Lights. Plus, we're planning to do a lot of short trips this year. We'll be going to Toronto to the zoo in May (baby animals!), possibly to the Rocky Horror Picture Show in Toronto (who doesn't love parading around the streets in lingerie? - Note to self, better get off your ass and start exercising or you'll be the only 'Janet' in 'fat pants'), and hopefully to the East Coast in the summer for a week. :)
So speaking of 'fat pants', today is 'Fat Tuesday' or 'Mardi Gras'. It's the day of 'gluttony' and reckless abandon, where people get to over-indulge in all their sinful-icious behaviours before abstaining from them totally during Lent. I am neither Catholic nor Christian, however I am going to give this Lent thing a try, but I've put in some 'clauses' to ensure I am not going to kill myself here. ;) First, I am going to give up swearing (or at least cut back), and I'm going to give up eating junk food during the week (with the hope that once I've weaned myself off it during the week, I won't crave it on the weekends). I've also started my walks again in the evening, which I love (went by Benjamen Moore's again tonight to drool over the wall-coverings :) ).

So hurry up Spring, I'm done with hibernating!



xo

Oh, I almost forgot, I received the nicest gift I've ever been given for my birthday on the weekend from my Mom and Dad. It's a beautiful silver bracelet (engraved with flowers) that is over 120 years old!! It was given to my great Grandma for her 21st birthday back in 1885. I almost cried when I unwrapped it! My camera's not working right now but once I get it all polished up, I'll put a pic up to show it off. :) Thanks Mom!!

No comments: