Sunday, February 25, 2007

Well, I feel like I probably should have a lot to say, considering I haven't been on in a few days. But I'm so tired today, it's almost too much effort to try to string coherent thoughts together.

So here are two pictures that I finally was able to take (our camera's batteries are shot, and last only for about 5 minutes, and of course are rarely charged, so picture taking opportunities are few and far between these days). Here is my finished painting of my girl.

And here is my beeeautiful (soon to be properly restored) sterling silver bracelet. :)

Anyway, we had a nice evening last night - the guys had their "guys' night out" at the White Cowbell concert, and we gracious girls drove them into Ottawa and dropped them off, then went back and picked their sorry arses up (even though they were SUPPOSED to have taken a cab).
We rented chick flicks and ate grapes and brie and crackers and strawberries and cookies and popcorn and pretty much anything else we could think of (oh yeah there was french bread and paté)... And all that that was after we ordered pizza. ;) Anyway, astonishingly (and we eventually figured out you have to decide when to make it stop) the one who ate the most food was the 1 1/2 year old little girl that my friend Myranda was looking after. It was actually a bit surprising that, after the first few awkward minutes, I got over my 'fear' of her, and actually had an enjoyable evening playing with her. For once I got to speak French to someone who a) can't speak back so she HAD to listen to me, and b) was pretty much on par with my own vocabulary level. ;)
It was funny too, at one point, not too long after she'd gotten here, Luc came out of his room, looked around the living room and said 'wow, that's a LOT of mess for such a little thing!' - she'd found every cat toy, every stuffed animal, every blanket and pillow, and, along with her own toys and blankets, had tossed them all over the room - it looked like a small tornado had gone through there. ;) Anyway, she was cute, and kept us busy throughout the evening. She was very good with my cats, which impressed me a lot (thanks to Myranda's 'parenting' - her real mother is a 21-year old party-girl that dumps the poor kid off on anyone she can find pretty much, so Myranda tries to look after her as much as she can).
I thought I'd make my own contribution to her young life, so I taught her how to brew a pot of coffee (a useful skill if I may say so myself), ;) but brewing coffee with a 20lb giggling baby on one arm makes the task a bit more difficult. It was funny - I smelled the open can of Tim Hortons coffee, (mmmmm :) ) and she smelled it and wrinkled her nose - so Becky taught her her first English word, which was 'yuck'.
All in all, a fun evening. I certainly don't want kids at the moment, but renting other people's would be a fun idea now and then. ;)
Well, off to take a nap now, I'm exhausted...!
xo

No comments: