Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ahhhh, well, we're mostly all moved in minus the new fridge, stove, 50 inch plasma (eek!), and the shed and crawlspace full of junk (aka 'treasures') that I've collected over the years.. ;)
After a week and a half of full-time prepping, priming and painting, our living room looks great, the bedroom is nearly there, the ensuite is calm and inviting, just need to finish the trim on the dining room and do a second coat on the walls in the kitchen (plus paint all the cabinetry and trim, and replace the flooring - ugh, a job we're not quite ready to tackle).

Anyway, Tigger came to join us again yesterday, and except for the odd moment of extreme anxiety (I really do have a problem), it's been great. We played in the yard this morning, then watched movies together while it peed down rain in the afternoon, and then even squeezed in a trip to Petsmart, where he was assaulted by noise and flashy things and people and big blue (scary) carts. He was awesome throughout it all. :) The biggest challenge I have to deal with, is that a dog is a lot more like a child than cats are. They can be left alone, but I always wonder what's he's up to when he's being 'quiet'. So far, nothing really. I just have to learn to stop worrying. I'm doing fairly well though, and the yard is a big saving grace - it's big and secure, so he has room to hang out there. The dog room is working well too - he's still a bit afraid of the stairs, but that keeps him nicely contained in the upper room where he can look down at us and keep an 'eye on us' while we're watching a movie. And his couple of attempts to join me upstairs resulted in a lot of panicked chasing, cats hissing, Luc cursing, so I don't think he'll be in a rush to come up here again (hopefully!).

Anyway, I'm on holidays right now, but it doesn't actually feel like it. We've been working ourselves silly the past few days and now we just kind of 'veg'. I think I might go do some work in the gardens or something to at least get my butt off the couch. Maybe tomorrow we can go for a hike in the Gatineau hills.

Well, boring post I know, but I might have pics and stuff later.

S

No comments: