Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Well, back at work (and not working - so I'll try to keep this short and sweet) after a long weekend (was it really a long one?? Didn't feel like it!!)
:) We had serious reason to celebrate, however... After a final four or five hour stint at the apartment on Friday evening, followed by a clean-up on Saturday morning, we happily handed over the keys to the new tenants, who oooh'd and aaaah'd (okay maybe not quite, but they were impressed) at how it looked. That joyous moment marked the start of a new freedom for us and we are both SO HAPPY that it's over. :) I then went and picked up Pru, my sister's GSD, to babysit her until Monday, which was fun, as she and Tigger kept each other amused all weekend. :)
Sunday was spent with me running errands (five stores later, I decided to call it quits and go home, only to get a phone call half-way home from my frantic mother who had just added two more guests to our thanksgiving dinner invitees)... So I unloaded the car (which involved plunking various grocery bags infront of the door and ringing the doorbell repeatedly, to summon Luc who was trying to sleep, while holding the cell phone glued to my ear while my Mom yacked and my neighbour mowed his lawn right next to me, while dodging the turkey that escaped its bag and was rolling down the driveway and onto his grass)....
By now, Luc was finally up (he was napping) and went outside to clean up the yard, which I later ruined because I removed two small trees that had been bothering me, but wasn't strong enough to pull up the stumps, so now there are leaves, small branches, and holes in the lawn that he'd cleaned up... ;) Finally, I settled in to do my baking - two pumpkin pies, two apple crumb pies, and a pumpkin cheesecake loaf (which was a HIT at dinner)... I finally made it to bed at 11:00 pm and was up again at 8:30 to put turkey #1 into the over (we cooked two).
Anyway, all in all, we had a very nice visit with various relatives, and everyone left well-fed and showering the cook with praise (yay! I didn't burn anything!!). We won't mention the squash that wasn't ready and didn't get eaten or the brussel sprouts that are still in the freezer.. ;)

Anyway, I do love Thanksgiving and this time we had a lot to be thankful for (mostly to do with the apartment)... ;) That being said, I'm a little glad that it's over as it marked the end of an insane six (or more) months for us. Yes, we still have things to do at the apartments, and our own house has been sadly neglected, but that's all things we can chip away at slowly.

Now I can start looking forward to Halloween and Christmas... Yes, Christmas. We did the family gift draw and now I can start focussing on what I want to buy for everyone (because of necessary budget 'constraints' I want to get it done EARLY this year)... I'm also starting to get the hang of this knitting business (wore one of my scarves to work today) and discovered that I have the wrong wool for what I want to make. So hopefully I'll be able to hunt down some nicer stuff over the next little while and start making some neat gifts for people.. (Maybe). ;)

Well, gotta get back to work. If you're bored and broke, here's a blog I enjoy reading - stumbled upon it the other day. It's great common-sense and she's got a writing style that makes her posts very enjoyable to read: http://budgetingbabe.blogspot.com/

xo

No comments: