Monday, October 22, 2007

Well, it's been a while since I've posted, as there hasn't been much to say, really. I've been playing 'catch-up' with life, and am still picking up loose ends, but at least it's a bit more calm now...

I have found, of late, that I've stumbled across some fascinating blogs that are really, truly worth a look (when you're not supposed to be working - they're addictive!)... One is Pruned - http://pruned.blogspot.com/ (which is where this picture was borrowed from)... For someone like moi, who is not very good with geography, geology, or understanding anything that is going on around the world (I chalk it up to selfish oblivion :) ), this blog is packed with interesting tidbits of the weird, awe-inspiring, or thought-provoking things going on around the planet(s) (they have a story on Mars with photos as well). The author seems to have more than enough knowledge to make insightful commentary on just about anything going on, from the 'uncovering' of Greenland (thanks to Global Warming) and its economical possibilities, to the most stunning architectural endeavours recently created by humans, working WITH nature, that will either leave you breathless, or dead, to idiots who dump red paint in ancient fountains to protest miniscule issues surrounding the film festival. Actually, I found this site originally because I'd done a google image search on Hong Kong's 'The Arch' development, where an apartment just sold for a whopping $14 million (over that actually). I ended up clicking on an image called 'the Escalators of Hong Kong' or something like that (I get distracted easily) and was taken into an unrelated story in this blog, where it was reviewing a book that was written on a major hurricane in 1900, after which, the surviving population built a wall and raised all their buildings up on stilts by HAND to protect against another one. That led me to looking through the articles posted, and honestly you can waste quite a bit of time reading it. :)
Anyway, so there's my pitch for someone's blog that is actually interesting... ;) I wish I could write something like what this person has, however it would take WAY too much time and I'd actually have to find a topic worth writing about that I actually KNOW something about. So instead, I stick to my ramblings about my life, sorry guys.. ;)

No comments: