Monday, February 05, 2007

So Groundhog Day, (or Imbolc for those that care), has come and gone, and passed quite nicely with lots of clouds and snow. This supposedly should mark the end of our Winter and the dawning of a new Spring... Naturally, because we live in the freezing North, winter is only just getting started, and today is proof, after a weekend of a comfortable -6 to -13, we're now sitting somewhere in the -20's with windchill warnings of up to -40.




Anyway, so after my 'down-time month' (January), I tried to get a list together of things I hope to accomplish in the coming year. It's already two pages long and growing all the time. Half of it I probably won't even get to, but at least I've written it somewhere to acknowledge it I guess. :)

This is the 'holiday' where you are supposed to think of a way to introduce something new into your life (because two feet under the snow, supposedly somewhere, there is new life beginning). However, I haven't been able to choose just one thing that I want to introduce into my life really. I figure I have time though, since our spring doesn't really start until April. ;) Yes I'm cheating already. I think I'd like to get back into doing yoga. The studio I used to go to also has classes that teach you how to meditate, which would be neat. Apparently (according to one of those scientific mags that Luc always reads), it actually helps develop parts of your brain that otherwise would never get used when you meditate. I like the 'zoning out' factor. Heavenly.... ;)

Well, back to hibernating for now- maybe I'll go finish massacring my new pants for work.. (ie: attempt to hem them).

xx

No comments: